Empowering Your Student: Resources for Parents and Families
Welcome, parents and families!
Viterbo University believes parents and families are partners who work collaboratively to ensure students thrive and succeed during and after their time at Viterbo.
Our university is truly a special place where we are committed to providing a welcoming and supportive environment to help each student flourish. We appreciate your support and trust as your student embarks on their next steps to independence toward the goal of an outstanding career.
The Viterbo experience focuses not only on educating students to be prepared for a variety of career and graduate school options but emphasizes Catholic Franciscan values and service to the community to inspire them to make a difference in the world. These experiences help our graduates go on to find prosperous and stable careers that have meaning and purpose beyond a paycheck.
We provide parent support through:
- virtual parent and family town halls offered once each semester
- quarterly newsletters
- tips for supporting your student year-round
- help navigating the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- detailed financial information
Student Support Services
At Viterbo, your student will be known by their professors, the staff, and classmates. We take great pride in caring for your student as they learn, grow, and thrive with us and we welcome you as a member of the Viterbo family and an invested partner in your student’s success.
Just a few of our student support services include
- Counseling services – students are provided unlimited appointments at no charge and with no waitlist.
- Safety – we maintain a safe and secure campus through our department of campus safety and security .
- Student involvement – your student can stay involved and engaged through our 70+ student organizations and campus activities. There are also many opportunities to serve the community.
- Tutoring services – we provide tutors for every class at no charge to students. Our robust Academic Resource Center has specialists in math and writing and offers a variety of support services to help students succeed academically.
Have Questions About Parent Support?
If you have questions about parent or student support services, you can find answers by:
- visiting Who Can I Contact for Help?
- using the employee directory to find a specific Viterbo University employee or department
- emailing email@example.com
Stay Connected to Parents and Families
To stay up to date about parent support and student support services, you will want to keep your contact information current by completing an online update form, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 608-796-3041. You can also join us on Facebook.
Parent and Family Testimonial
“My daughter has had such a wonderful beginning to her college experience, and we are so happy she chose Viterbo. She feels happy, supported, loved, and at home. Her coach started her campus experience off right and continues to be a great mentor. Her incredible professors are inspiring her to love her major. The kind food service workers and her wonderful RA are making her dorm life feel like a family home. Being a parent several hours away, this is what you want for your child. Thank you to your wonderful campus community for truly making the students your priority. I love your values and what you stand for. I am so happy and tell everyone I know to look at Viterbo University for their high school seniors.”
– Current Parent